June 1, 2023
How To Choose Lingerie For Your Body Type
If you want to know about the types of lingerie and how they are different from the usual undergarments, we are here to help. In this article, we will discuss the many types of lingerie available. This will help you choose the one that you love instantly. So, don’t hold yourself up anymore. Scroll through the page and give this article a read. Let’s go!
What Does Lingerie Mean?
Undergarments are your basics, but lingerie is an indulgence. It is an indulgence every girl deserves. You would be surprised to know what a tiny piece of clothing can do, considering that it is not even seen (except to your partner, maybe). It makes you feel good, happy, and confident.
In the early 19th century, delicate fabrics of lace, chiffon, hosiery, rayon, ruffles, feathers, and all the things that made your intimates sensuous began gaining popularity. Lingerie was just a status symbol initially. Then, women started splurging on it for important events like weddings and anniversaries. Though lingerie still holds a special place in some people’s hearts, it is also a must-have and an investment that needs no reason.
Your Body Type and the Suitable Lingerie
1. Lingerie For Hourglass Body Type
- Emphasise your hot body with the right lingerie.
- Garter belts, teddies, and corsets are top-notch choices.
- High-waisted panties or thong panties with a lace bra.
- Comfortable options: boyshorts or hipster panties with a wireless bra.
2. Give You that Being-a-Goddess Feeling
- Create balance and proportion.
- Lacy negligee with a balconette bra and flowing hips.
- Bustier shapewear to draw attention to your breasts.
- Matching set with a ruffled bra and bikini panties.
- Strapless bra with seamless panties to level out shoulders and hips.
3. Lingerie For Rectangle Body Type
- Cinch at the waist to create curves.
- Corsets add curves and sensuality.
- Garter belt or teddy for a long torso.
- Push-up bra or sports bra with bustier lingerie.
4. Lingerie For Inverted Triangle Body Type
- Showcase your personal preference.
- Halter necks are a great option.
- Teddy to divert attention from a flatter bum.
- Bralette with a matching lace panty or thong.
- Matching cami sets for a relatively tame look.
5. Lingerie For Round Body Type
- Create a proportionate look.
- Negligee that hides waistline and defines bust line.
- Teddy for a rounded waist.
- Chemises or satin lingerie gowns for coverage.
Lingerie is more than just undergarments. It is a way to indulge yourself, boost your confidence, and feel good. By choosing lingerie that compliments your body type, you can enhance your natural features and embrace your femininity. Whether you have an hourglass figure, a triangle body type, a rectangular shape, an inverted triangle shape, or a round body type, there is lingerie that can flatter your unique silhouette. So, go ahead and explore the world of lingerie to find the styles that make you look and feel amazing.
By Christina Cheak
Christina is a committed translator and copywriter who now based in Melaka, Malaysia. She enjoys the best about fashion and style of lingerie. She is also a busy mum yet loves to keep herself positive and motivated with healthy lifestyles.